We’re continuing to spread the Nutella love with a guest post today from the oh so cute Krista of Budget Gourmet Mom! She’s full of spunk and I like that about her. She also has this amazing banana Nutella cream pie that’s she sharing with us today so grab your bananas you’re going to want to make this one! – Paula
I have known my husband for more than 10 years.
I know he is not a huge dessert fan. Crazy? Yes.
Do I still love him despite his faults? Of course! After all, I get his dessert. We are truly a match made in heaven.
The balance I have so carefully created is in jeopardy. I made a mistake the other day. I made this pie and now, I fear, I will be sharing my dessert forever more.
At least it’s with someone I love. Awwww. The only person who could possibly get one bite of my pie, my man.
Banana-Nutella Cream Pie with Pretzel Crust
What you’ll need:
1 ½ cups pretzel crumbs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
¾ cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup flour
¼ tsp salt
2 cups whole milk
3 egg yolks-
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup Nutella
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine pretzel crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press into a 9” pie plate. Bake for 8 minutes.
2. In a medium saucepan mix the sugar, flour, and salt. Slowly stir in the milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it comes to a gentle boil and thickens. Cook for about 2 minutes longer and remove from heat.
3. In a small bowl slightly beat egg yolks. Temper the egg yolks by stirring a small amount of the milk mixture into the egg yolks. Add the egg yolk mixture to the rest of the milk mixture in the saucepan. Cook another 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add the vanilla and butter. Allow to cool.
4. While the custard cools slice 2 bananas and place them evenly around the bottom of the pie crust. Place the Nutella in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 10-20 seconds until slightly pourable. Do not microwave long or it will become hard. Pour over the sliced bananas.
5. Pour the custard over the banana and Nutella. Chill completely before serving. Before serving, top with the last banana, sliced, whipped cream, and a drizzle of Nutella.
Thanks again to Krista for stopping by with this perfect Nutella Banana Cream Pie! Be sure to…